Fort Edmonton Park:
Corner of Fox Drive & Whitemud Drive
Raceday Schedule: Sunday April 28, 2013
8:00am Blatchford Hangar Open to all athletes
NO Race Package Pickup on Race Day
8:45am Pre-race briefing (FOR ALL ATHLETES)
9:00am Half Marathon START (Individual and Team entries)
9:15am 10Km Run START
9:20am 5Km Run/Walk START
12:00pm Awards & Draw Prizes
Race Package Pick Up
Friday, April 26, 2013 5:00pm - 9:00pm Running Room on 109st
Saturday, April 27, 2013 9:30am - 5:30pm Running Room on 109st
Sunday, April 28, 2013 NO race day package pickup.
**In the event that a participant is unable to pick up their race package (i.e. out-of-town participants), the Race Committee will allow a friend or family member to pick up the package on their behalf.
All Entry Packages Include:
- Technical Running Shirt [Size Chart]
- Chip timing
- Superb Post Race Meal sponsored by Opa of Greece
- Eligibility for Draw Prizes
- Special Olympics Edmonton & Leukemia/Lymphoma Society Donation
All entries are non-refundable.
NO Refunds or Rollovers will be offered for any reason.
Transfer of Entry To Another Person
Participants will have the opportunity to transfer their entry to another person.
The following will apply:
- ONLY during Race Package Pick-Up (April 26-27, 2013) at Running Room on 109st
- NO transfer of entries will be accepted on Race Day
- Any unauthorized transfer of entries will be disqualified from the race
- Both parties MUST fill out the Transfer of Entry form.
- A $10 fee will be charged for each transfer of entry (Only cheque or cash will be accepted)
- A change in shirt size will also be subject to a $10 fee, pending the availability of sizes
- Forms will also be available at Race Package Pick-Up.
Post Race Meal
Additional Tickets Additional Post Race Meal tickets can be purchased at $10/each.
Available when you register online or during race package pickup.
All ticket proceeds go to support Special Olympics Edmonton & Leukemia/Lymphoma Society of Canada.
Proceeds from this race will go to support Special Olympics Edmonton & Leukemia/Lymphoma Society of Canada.
Additional donations can be made with your Online Registration or by Cheque with your Drop Off Entry form.
You do not have to be in attendance to receive this prize!
Bib numbers contain information specific to you as a runner. Please ensure bib numbers are worn on the front and are visible by Race Marshals.
Chip timing will be used for all participants.
Fluid Aid Stations
There will be 7 fluid aid stations along the Half Marathon race route, with both water AND sports drink provided by Hammer Nutrition at each station. Aid Stations will be located at the following km markers: 3km, 5.5km, 8km, 11km, 13km, 15.5km & 18km. The aid station at the 11km mark will also have porta potties nearby.
The Pre and Post Race Events
To be held in the Blatchford Field Air Hangar.
Washroom and change facilities available within the Blatchford Field Air Hangar.
Storage of personal items will be available during the race.
Please do not bring valuables down to the event.
No pets or cyclists allowed within Fort Edmonton Park.
Event Day Photos
Race-photo.ca specializes in professional race photography for all kids of races including Triathlons, Marathons, Bike Races, Fun Races and any kind of sporting event! We cover Alberta including Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer and Western Canada.